Mauritius - The Heavenly Island

“Mauritius was made first and then heaven was copied” – Mark Twain



Continuing on from my previous post, I decided I would recall to my past time amongst island adventures. Born and raised in South Africa, unique island experiences such as those within French Polynesia and the Indian Ocean have rewarded me with an excess of entertaining opportunities. Throughout my past time in South Africa, and my search for the perfect holiday destination, I couldn’t look beyond the island of Mauritius. Known for its luxurious beaches, shallow lagoons, and its beautiful reef ridden environment, Mauritius lays within the Indian Ocean and reflects an East African vibe.



Similar to Tahiti, the interior of Mauritius is lined with a rocky, mountainous landscape, matched with deep river gorges, rain-forests habitats and an endless opportunity for richly adventurous experiences.



While Mauritius maintains the opportunity for a laid-back holiday environment, the natural formation of the island, coupled with man-made activities truly represents a character building opportunity for the average traveller. So if you want to take a leap across the pond, I couldn’t recommend Mauritius enough!

- Matthew


Images sourced from:

Comments